Sedona Star Quilts

Article Archive

Are you a member of TheQuiltShow.com, with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims? If you are, you will probably know that I designed the 2012 Block of the Month quilt for them, Sedona Star.

Sedona Star by Sarah Vedeler

The quilt is 88" x 88", and actually splits up pretty nicely to be create a month at a time for 12 months. Two color-ways were made - the "bright" version (above) and a "naturals" version (below - pieced, appliquéd and quilted by Lisa Sipes).

Sedona Star by Sarah Vedeler

I have loved looking at the Show and Tell on TheQuiltShow.com, and watching a number of quilts coming together - using all sorts of color schemes. Click on the image below to watch the "Smilebox" and see how beautiful these quilts are turning out to be!

Sedona Star by Sarah Vedeler

Leave me a comment and tell me - which is your favorite of the 17 quilts in the Smilebox?

Category: Miscellaneous

Comments

• Posted by Tracey Young on December 14th, 2013 at 9:21 a.m.
    I can't pick a favorite. They all blow me away!
  • Posted by sherrie on March 15th, 2013 at 12:33 p.m.
    Jennifergel...love the way she blends the colors
  • Posted by Patricia L Walters on February 22nd, 2013 at 11:16 p.m.
    I liked two especially: one by jennifergel and the other by MoraB
  • Posted by Bronwen on February 16th, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.
    They all look fab. My favorite is Nigella's 3D effect due to the selection of fabric in Month 9 but also love the following for Jennifergel's clever colour wash version, Valerieg's ingeneous Aussie applique and Mscbrown's strong clear colours
  • Posted by Jackie on February 7th, 2013 at 6:53 a.m.
    I love the creativity shown. Ritzy for the flowers; jennifergel (my persoal favorite) for the use of the color variants; Maggie for the sunbursts; Valerieg for making her a truly Southwest quilt that feels like Sante Fe, Taos, and Sedona;Mora & Shiela are my granddaughters favorites (purples, pinks and blues). Lizrenner does a beautiful job with color while sticking to the pattern.
  • Posted by Stephanie in MI on January 7th, 2013 at 2:21 p.m.
    I love Maggie's! I like them all, though! That's the thing about a good pattern....everything looks good with it! ;-) Well done to you and to all the sewists! I hope to get started one of these days!
  • Posted by Piper on December 8th, 2012 at 9:49 a.m.
    Nigella is my very favorite, but all are nice quilts.
  • Posted by Maranne on December 3rd, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.
    Ritzy
  • Posted by Carol H on December 3rd, 2012 at 11:58 a.m.
    I love them ALL especially those that are adding their own motifs to the blocks as well. I bought the kit with the FIZZ fabrics, but haven't start sewing yet. Even after seeing these lovely versions, I still like your original FIZZ version the BEST!!!!
  • Posted by Sherie on November 30th, 2012 at 9:29 p.m.
    I like them all, but I love the colors in Jennifergel's. Jealous mine's not even close to being done!
  • Posted by Teresa on November 30th, 2012 at 4:13 a.m.
    I am going to say Jennifergel, too. I love the way she handled the shades of color! However, a really difficult choice, because they are all amazing!
  • Posted by tattingchris@gmail.com on November 29th, 2012 at 11:21 a.m.
    I like Jennifergel the most. They are all lovely